Additional information on the P@SHA LaunchPad 2013 process
As most of you are aware, registrations for the P@SHA LaunchPad 2013 close tomorrow at 5 pm. If you haven’t registered your idea or startup product/service yet, go do it NOW! You can apply to participate in the P@SHA LaunchPad events at http://goo.gl/UsVUR. We have already received a lot of entries from across the country. The Oversight Committee will go through them on June 19 and we will notify the shortlisted candidates on the evening of June 19.
There are three categories this year:
- Innovative Idea for an ICT product/service
- Startup with an Innovative ICT product/service
- Innovative Idea which uses ICT for Social impact
There will be a winner in each category in each of the three cities (i.e. a total of 9 winners). If you have applied from any city other than Karachi, Lahore or Islamabad, you need to email firstname.lastname@example.org and inform us which of the 3 cities you will be able to present in.
This is the process that will then be followed:
1. June 19 evening – Shortlisted Candidates will be informed. They will have to confirm that they will present their idea/startup on the following dates:
KARACHI – June 22 – Karachi Marriott – 3 pm to 6 pm
LAHORE – June 25 – LUMS – 5 pm to 8 pm
ISLAMABAD – June 27 – from 5 pm to 8 pm (Venue To Be Announced)
2. On the Presentation day in each city, shortlisted candidates will be asked to present a 5 minute pitch regarding their idea/product or service. This will be followed by a 5 minute Q&A session. The Panel of judges comprising experienced IT entrepreneurs from the local community in each city will determine the winning idea in each category. To assist you in preparing your pitch, we are attaching a template here P@SHA LaunchPad 2013 Template. You do not have to use this – it is meant to give you a sample of what is expected from you.
3. Judging Criteria – Each idea or product/service will be judged on the following criteria:
- Does it solve a Business, Individual or Community problem?
- Is it innovative?
- Is there a viable market for it in Pakistan or elsewhere?
- Does such a product already exist? How is this one different? What is the competitive advantage?
- What is your business model? How will the idea be sustainable?
- Is the team able to deliver on the idea?
- Communication Skills – your ability to present the idea well
4. Mentoring – The winning ideas will be assigned mentors to help them develop the idea/product/service.
5. Cash Award – Each winner in the three categories in each city will receive Rs. 200,000 to help them develop the idea/product/service.
6. Register to attend the event – Whether you are shortlisted to present or not; whether you have submitted an idea or not, you are welcome to attend the events in each city. Though there is no registration fee, you will however have to register to attend the events at: http://goo.gl/AENZq. Please only register if you are planning to attend the events so that we can make arrangements accordingly.
Watch this space as another exciting announcement will be made TONIGHT!