Startup Insiders Session – don’t miss it!
As we all know, there is no dearth of talent in this country and entrepreneurial spirit is on the increase – easily seen with the number of new ventures sprouting all over the country – 2 or 3 man shops coming up with innovative solutions. Bright, energetic and passionate entrepreneurs or wanna-be entrepreneurs who have innovative ideas that they want to convert into businesses – young people needing direction, needing answers to some age-old questions.
On the flip side there are successful entrepreneurs wanting to share, wanting to answer questions that are never put to them – how to put together a business plan, how to get access to finance, how to pitch your idea, how to put together a solid team, questions regarding IP and patents – in fact, anything and everything that a start-up needs to know but was afraid to ask.
Whereas formal mentoring certainly has a role to play, informal get-togethers sometimes generate a lot more discourse resulting in a lot of questions being raised and tackled. And that is the idea of these Coffee sessions.
The format we will be adopting is:
– A Startup Insiders meetup will be organized in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad at least once every month – in Coffee Houses, Restaurants, Board Rooms – wherever space is available.
– CEOs, experienced leaders and possible investors will be invited to those sessions.
– We welcome young entrepreneurs (and older ones too), students, ideas, questions, myths, fears, product demos and pitches.
– Coffee & snacks will be provided free and you will have a chance to exchange ideas – argue, concur, relate anecdotes, fears, challenges
– Each event will be sponsored by one software company which picks up the check. The company’s reps will also be present to talk to anyone who shows up.
This is a model that has apparently helped entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley, and P@SHA and G&W is bringing this home to Pakistan for the first time.
Thanks to Osama Hashmi and Green&White for partnering with the Pakistan Software Houses Association (P@SHA) on this initiative. Team work always bears fruit.
We’ll be kick starting this in Karachi:
Date: Thursday, January 17, 2008
Time: 6 pm
Venue: Pixsense, 172/P Najeeb Corner, 4th Floor, Block 2 PECHS, Karachi 74400
Entrepreneurs who have agreed to share:
Oh by the way, I will be there too!🙂 PixSense is hosting the event – this includes the food too! Three cheers for them – hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray!
For those who don’t know where PixSense is, Adnan has put together a map to lead you to this wonderful event.
Entry filed under: Posts. Tags: .