Flying out of Karachi
Departing from Karachi last night I went through a mixture of experiences that I just had to share.
THE GOOD – great customer service
1. The porter was polite, amicable and whizzed my baggage through security, check-in and x-ray with amazing speed and acumen.
2. The guy at the security desk in the departure lounge was very helpful and told me not to pick up my hand baggage but to let him bring the security stamp to it. Then he advised me to remove the baggage sticker from the boarding pass and keep it safe somewhere else because i would need it when i landed in KL. He even asked me to have a safe and pleasant journey.
3. The check-in team gave me the seat i wanted right in the front of the plane
4. Flight was on schedule
THE BAD – easily fixed if they had the will to do it
1. The immigration queues were long and slow moving. Why don’t they get tech-savvy young people to man/woman these computers? Of course, as usual, the queue that is marked “For Unaccompanied women and children” was full of young and middle aged men. They can’t read I guess and no-one asked them to move. Why put up signs like these if they are not going to be adhered to? It’s really irritating.
2. The departure gate was changed at the last minute and no announcement was made until much later after we had gone from one gate to another when the flight departure was announced.
3. The smoking that continues in the departure lounge despite large signs that clearly state “No Smoking”.
4. If you have an electronic ticket, you are sent to make a photocopy of it for the check-in staff for their records <sigh>
5. The facilitation charge (meaning trolley charge and porter) is now Rs. 200 (up from Rs. 100). I wonder if it has gone up from Rs. 50 to Rs. 100 at the domestic terminals.
Those are the immediate raves and rants. I am sure I will think of more later :-).
Entry filed under: Posts. Tags: .