Interactive Session with TBTT Activists & Campaigners at T2F on Dec 2
Thursday, 2nd December 2010 | 7:00 pm
Take Back The Tech (TBTT) is a collaborative campaign that takes place during the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-based Violence (25 Nov – 10 Dec). It is a call to everyone – especially women and girls – to take control of technology to end violence against women.
~ Programme ~
1. What is TBTT?
An introduction to global and local efforts by Jehan Ara (that’s me!)
2. An overview of two TBTT projects designed to address gender violence issues through the strategic use of ICT
– Nuzhat Kidvai, Naveen Naqvi and Sana Saleem
3. Screening of “Mukhtar Mai: The Struggle for Justice”
– A 10 minute documentary by Beena Sarwar
4. Social Activism in the Age of Facebook, Twitter, and Blogs –
Conversations with Beena Sarwar, Attiya Dawood, and Farieha Aziz, moderated by Sabeen Mahmud
Take Back the Tech! is a project supported by the MDG3 Fund and implemented by the APC Women’s Networking & Support Programme through P@SHA & BytesforAll, its partners in Pakistan.
Seats are limited and will be available on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. No reservations.
Join us at T2F for what promises to be a really interesting and engaging discourse. Look forward to seeing you there on December 2 at 7 pm.