Join the wi-tribe bazaar Pakistan Developers’ Challenge 2012
Students, graduates, aspiring developers, professionals and virtually anyone in the development community is invited to create their very own PC and Mobile software applications and be part of the contest.
wi-tribe Bazaar supports Windows Desktop as well as Mobile Apps for Android, Blackberry and Symbian. Although there has been a worldwide surge in the mobile apps industry, there is a ripe market opportunity within the local market of 22 million internet users. With wi-tribe Bazaar, you have the added opportunity to develop desktop software applications to reach a potentially untapped and lucrative consumer market.
There is a lot of talent in Pakistan that is often not recognized. There are applications that are developed that don’t have a chance to be tested or sold because a platform for showcasing such applications is not always available. With the Pakistan Developers Challenge 2012, wi-tribe is presenting young developers with an opportunity to test out their products in the local market. It is a great opportunity not to be missed. A number of key organizations have therefore agreed to partner with wi-tribe on this challenge. P@SHA is one of them. Our mandate is to encourage innovation and showcase talent.
Don’t miss the opportunity of joining the Pakistan Developers’ Challenge 2012. Register to participate NOW. wi-tribe believe this contest to be more than a platform for showcasing your talents; it will also contribute towards a new market opportunity, within Pakistan.
How to Participate:
In order to participate, contestants must follow the simple steps below:
1. Read through the ‘terms and conditions’ of the contest (available online)
2. Select one of 9 categories that best describes the software application they are developing or have developed
3. Register for PDC2012 by visiting http://bazaar.wi-tribe.pk and fill in the online form in the ‘Seller FAQs’ section.
Once registered, wi-tribe Bazaar will email contestants the PDC2012 submission form and the Developer’s Agreement, both to be completed and sent back along with 2 copies of the software application on separate CDs to:
Pakistan Developers Challenge 2012,
c/o Marketing Department,
14N, F-8 Markaz, Islamabad
5. After a thorough quality check, the software will be published on wi-tribe Bazaar with a confirmation email sent to the contestant.
6. Once published, the software is open for promotion and downloading.
Awards & Cash Prizes:
With PDC2012, contestants can win a number of cash prize awards, based on the following categories:
· Biggest contributor award (institutions only): Rs. 100,000
· PDC 2012 Grand prize: Rs. 100,000
· Runner up – Best Software: Rs. 50,000
· Best Student Software: Rs. 30,000
· Most popular: Rs. 10,000
· Highest ratings: Rs. 10,000
Exclusive jury awards:
· Best concept: Rs. 25,000
· Best design and UI: Rs. 25,000 (Rs. 10,000 each)
· Awards for best of each category
· Anti-virus & anti-spam
· Internet and Networking
· Mobile Applications
· PC Widgets
· System Utilities
With 17 prizes being awarded, the PDC2012 promises to be an exciting opportunity for developers.
For more information, you can email us at email@example.com